Material Handling Currugated/Labeling
Plant City, FL
JOB SUMMARY: Operate the corrugated boxing machine and perform labeling to proper size and specifications. Coordinate materials with other departments and maintain documentation of the production SKU's.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a safe and sanitary manner
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug test, and background check.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment, replace parts as needed.
- This position Is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment according to policies and procedures.
- Ability to work In a safe and sanitary manner.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present Information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and Interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITI ES:
- Confirm that corrugated boxes are correct size for the day's production.
- Confirm that all labeling is coordinated to the specific size and product SKU.
- Check all Vida-Jet printers to insure proper date and ink system full.
- Insure that all hot-melt glue pots are full of glue used in corrugated box sealing.
- Make sure there is always plenty of supplies for the equipment In the material handling room.
- Spot check all lines to Insure printing, sealing and labeling meets standards.
- Keep records for all SKU's that are ran through the equipment.
- Maintain a clean environment and always clean up after any spillage from casers, boxers or labeling.
- Understand all related equipment utilized in the material handling room.
- Always coordinate with production filler operators.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor or superintendent.
- This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety conscious work environment according to policies and procedures.
Responsible for compliance to the Plant Non-GMO Policy in the appropriate and applicable areas to this position.
- The employee will occasionally carry up to SOlbs., push/pull up to 400 lbs. With hand lift truck, climb up to a height of 8 feet, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and smell.
- Always use both hands to constantly install labeling, corrugated and cold glue.
- The employee will continuously stand, walk, handle, finger, feel, see and hear.
- Environment involved is inside, cooler, cold room - inside, outside, cold, heat, wet/humid conditions.
- The employee will occasionally be exposed to cluttered floor sur face, contact with sharp objects, contact with skin irritants, nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
- The employee will frequently be exposed to twisting of the back and neck, and a slippery floor surface.
- The employee will continuously be exposed to loud noise.